About the Temple of Set
This is an extremely brief introduction to the Temple of Set. For a
slightly more in-depth introduction, see More About
the Temple of Set.
- The Temple of Set is a philosophical organization.
- We explore the ancient Egyptian principle of Xeper (roughly translated
as "self-improvement" or "self-creation").
- We explore the other philosophical ideas represented as gods by
- The Temple of Set is an initiatory organization.
- We are dedicated to the growth and development of our members.
- We recognize several Degrees of growth, and identify our members
by their level of progress.
- Each Degree is indicated by the color of a member's medallion.
The medallion itself is the Pentagram of Set, a point-down pentagram
within a circle.
- First Degree -- White
- Second Degree -- Red
- Third Degree -- Black
- Fourth Degree -- Blue
- Fifth Degree -- Purple
- Sixth Degree -- Gold
- The Temple of Set is a religion, recognized as a religion by the state
of California and the federal government.
- We believe in the existence of a being named Set, once called a
god by ancient Egyptians.
- We are an unusual religion in several ways:
- We have no permanent building or church.
- We do not "worship" Set as most religions would use that word.
- We don't require religious belief of our members.
- We may look strange, but we're good people.
- We enjoy dressing in costume for a variety of activities.
- We are deeply committed to improving our lives and our selves.
- We believe in personal honor, integrity, and ethics.
- This site:
- The Temple of Set:
Note: To reduce clutter on these pages, most links, political statements, and miscellaneous graphics have been moved to Balanone's Site map.
Copyright: All items on Balanone's site are copyright unless otherwise noted. The copyright owner is clearly identified in the HTML header of each item. Except where noted, reproduction of these materials in any way, shape, or form without the copyright owner's permission is not allowed. This material is not to be posted on any hosting service which attempts to grant to themselves the right to use posted materials, or to reproduce them for any purpose other than backups and the facilitation of the display of the intended web pages.
Webmaster email to Balanone: firstname.lastname@example.org